Re: COMMENT: India's software piracy causes loss of Rs 900 crore annually

Frederick Noronha rearranged electrons thusly:

> Below is a very interesting news-item. The arguments (and the stand
> taken) have implications for all of us who would like to see

That is one reason - and another reason is that linux (and free software)
doesnt gather the kind of mega-corporate + media attention our old friend
Dewang Mehta craves ;)

> 1. Piracy "losses" in India exceed Rs 900 crore.
> 2. Continuing piracy means higher prices for the consumer
> 3. Piracy means less publisher revenue to invest in new products
> 4. "Thousands" of jobs are lost since proprietary s/w is not purchased
> INDIA'S SOFTWARE PIRACY CAUSES LOSS OF RS 900 CRORE ANNUALLY

 <troll>Where do you think _all_ those "code slaves" India exports learnt their
 VB / Oracle / SAP / whatever?  Go to your friendly neighborhood pirate and get
 CDs burnt.  What is lost by the industry in piracy is gained from all the
 cheap labor they get in return from users of pirated software <g></troll>

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
  You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da ass