UPDATE: Nov 25 Linux-Goa meeting

Hi ILUGGoa-ers: Looking forward to the Nov 25 meeting. Can any
volunteers kindly help with the following plans, please:
* TUTORIALS FOR NEWBIES: A number of persons whom I spoke to said
they had never used Linux, or seen it. In view of this, we are
planning to prefix this time's meeting with a one-hour tutorial on
using Linux. It will be held from 3 to 4 pm. Arvind has volunteered
to be around. Any other volunteers please? Is Animesh on this list,
and reading us? You too are a good teacher... and so is Mr Saha. We
need some veterans to volunteer to come in an hour early for our
usual meeting... which continues to start at 4 pm.
* INVITES HAVE been sent to lecturers of around 30-40 college
lecturers. Since we might have more new faces around this time, could
we have suggestions on what special activities could be tailored for
them? One lecturer from a Panjim college rang-up to say she had never
used Linux, so could she come. So did someone from Goa Telecom.
Perhaps we need to specifically ptich part of our meetings to cater
to the needs of this level too...
* PROTO, THE LAST time you mentioned that you had problems in
installing Linux. If you bring your computer and monitor along, we
could have a hands-on installation demo... Are you on the list?
* I AM TRYING TO put together a list of Linux packages for schools.
If anyone has any inputs on this, please do help....
* WE WANT TO build an effective mechanism for sharing Linux CDs which
are in the possession of ILUG-Goa. As a step in this direction, we
have kept over a dozen CDs (from GTCDRom) with Mahesh@xxxxxxxxxxx If
you want to browse them, ask Mahesh. To be entitled to borrow a CD,
you should have attended at least one Linux Goa meeting, and should
have a clean-record of not defaulting on returning earlier-borrowed
CDs. Guess that is reasonable enough....
Any other pre-meeting suggestions or ideas, just post it on the list.
Simply send a message to ilug-goa@xxxxxxxxxx and it will reach
everyone... Regards and best wishes, Frederick.
   frederick noronha, freelance journalist, fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   near convent, saligao 403511 goa india 0091.832.409490/ 409783
   Bytes For All		http://www.bytesforall.org
   News from Goa      	http://www.goacom.com/news/
   Photos from Goa	http://www.goa-world.net/fotofolio/
   GoaResearchNet	http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1503