Re: Help

Please shift this to LIH.

> it.And use fdisk while installing in linux. (make sure your /boot comes
> within first 1024 cylinders,
>
> DOS *           |----> make sure these both take max 7GB
> dos extended    |

Depending on the CHS translation used the size of the partiition within
the first 1024 cylinders may vary.It is better to use a calculater in
conjunction with the information from fdisk.

> 3> install linux "only" ...Goodbye windows :-)

Yes,Sir,thats what I've done and never looked back!

> > i also tried changing "linear " to "lba32 " in the
> > /etc/lilo.conf file

without lba32 my system does not boot from beyond the 1024 limit even
with the new lilo.

> > > the primary C partition  is less  than  8 gb. The boot boundary limit is 8
> > > gb. So if  ur first primary partition (ie. C drive) is more than that then
The boundry limit depends on cylinders.The size limit depends on the CHS
translation so such a statement is not necessarily true.

regards,
Dayalan Manohar

--
Disclaimer: These are the words of Dayaln Manohar speaking for himself
and not on behalf of any organisation or any other entity.Any opinions