Re: [OT] Linux-India logo

Raju Mathur rearranged electrons thusly:

> I learned today that our logo (the flag with Tux in one corner and the
> text over the rest of it) is technically defacement of the Indian
> National Flag and hence punishable by upto 3 years in the clink.  No
> bail.  Can (a) some lawyer confirm or deny, and if it is then (b)
> someone remove the Chakra from the flag (I understand that the stripes
> without the Chakra are OK).

The flag code is quite well documented - and yeah, whoever told you that is
right.   Remember all those 'patriotic ads' with AR Rehman music (bharatbala
productions etc)?  They fell afoul of the flag code for precisely this reason
(not a tux there of course - corporate logos on the flag) and had to eat plenty
of crow, recall and rework their ads.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@xxxxxxx
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside