QUERY: Linux and virii...

Is this argument correct? It's a response received through the IINN-L mailing
list. -FN

----------  *** HERE'S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT FIND INTERESTING ***  ----------
Subject: [iinn-l] Re: URGENT! Virus Alert Warning
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:51:17 -0400
From: "Aditya, the Hindu Skeptic" <a018967t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Frederick Noronha <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> has written as follows:
>Perhaps the best "anti-virus" system is to shift over to Linux.

Regardless of the value of Linux or Unix in general, the answer is  not
correct. The only reason the Linux is virus free so far is because so few
people use it that virus writers have no incentive to write them.

If and when Linus becomes popular enough, you can bet your bottom paisa that
there will more virii for Linux than there are for windows.

Have a peaceful and joyous day.
Aditya Mishra
Primary email: a018967t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Primary homepage: http://www.pompano.net/~aditya
ICQ # 1131674 Phone #: (954)746-0442  Fax # (209)315-8571
Random thought of the day:
	When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.  ... Woody Allen