Re: Lock the user account

It would be a good idea if you can limit it to only certain accounts. This
feature is available on VMS, on NT and I'm sure it's there on some flavours
of unix too. Generally only the root user cannot be locked out of the box.(
and if one is smart then the root user can only login from the console.
Cheerio
Robin

Kelvin Ng wrote:

> Hi ;
>     How do I lock the user account if the particular
> user has fail to attempt login to the system more than
> 3 times ? Please advise

Bad idea. Anybody can lock *you* out by just attempting to login.

--

Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://lunateks.com

baby.sh: while true; do echo "^G^G^G^G^G"; sed -e 's/food/poop/';
sync; sync; sleep 15; done