RE: information / help wanted for development of software

manish spewed into the ether:
>i would like to know whether software can be made in linux for >windows environment
Yes you can. You can code cross platform apps.

>if yes then how help needed as till now i have done programming in >win environment, I would like to switch over to linux but at the same >time would like to develop software for both linux and windows is it >possible in linux have heard of TCL Tk but not used it even once.

If you are looking for cross platform stuff:
Tcl/Tk
PerlTk
gtk
QT (this needs an expensive windows license)
Kylix (Thats the equivalent of Delphi)
C++
Perl
Java

Well, thats some of the cross platform tools available. If you code properly, porting applications will not be tough. You may need to rewrite some GUI code, but not much.

And next time, ask on LIH, not LIG, please.

Devdas Bhagat
--
In person, in the flesh and writing mail.

Nettaxi MP3 Player, Burner, Ripper - NEW Version 2.0!!! DOWNLOAD IT FREE! (5MBs)
MP3 DOWNLOAD:  http://www.nettaxi.com/mp3/version_2/ntxy_MP3_setup.exe