fat32 and linux redhat 6.2

Hi  Sumeet

Linux does not understand C: D: etc
As per linux hdds are hda1 hda2....hdb1,hdb2 ( for IDE hdds which I
suppose u have)
When u install linux, u shud partition the hd manuall using disk druid.
You will be presented with the existing partitions. Forget about the
ntfs partition ( as you have to compile the kernel separately for that).
Note down the hd identities of the fat32 partitions ( the one which has
been partitioned for 2, 6 and 6 gb respectively)
I suppose you will be installing the linux partitions in the balance 5
gb. Now make a swap partition of about double the ram size (since u have
enuff capacity) make and balance for the linus native. ( U may like to
have a 2 gb partition for /usr and a 1 gb partition for /home with the
balance 1.5 gb or so as mounted as /   This configuration will enable
you to save you data files even if reinstall linux ) After you have
installed linux, create  directories /mnt/fat32_1 .../mnt/fat32_2
....etc for every FAT 32 partition u want to mount.
 use your favourite text editor to edit ur /etc/fstab file. ( Keep a
backup of the original)
My fstab file is like this. I have a 6.4 gb partition and have Win98 /
Win 2000 and RH 6.2 installed ( all three). The /mnt/cdrom and
/mnt/cdrom1 are for the 2 cdrom drives that I have. Please note the
settings for the fat32 partition.

/dev/hda8               /                       ext2    defaults
1 1
/dev/hda6		/mnt/fat32		auto	auto		1 1
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,ro
0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,owner,ro
0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
/dev/hda7               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0

After you save the fstab file mount each partition with the bash command
mount /mnt/fat32_1
and so on

I'm sure you'll be ok now.
Regards,