Re: Free Software Company

Radhakrishnan C V proclaimed:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Arun Sharma wrote:
> : The average man on the street believes that BillG invented software.
> Yes. That has the roots on the foundations of our education system
> that taught the children of this country to believe in that way
> without proper historical perspective.

It is not just the Indian educational system.  People in the supposedly
highly educated West believe that Bill Gates invented software too.
Blaming it on the educational system is the easy way out.  The real reason,
IMO, is most people don't care.  For most people on the street in the US
the closest they'd come to software is withdrawing cash from an ATM machine
or getting online on AOL.  In India, the situation is much worse.

These starving masses don't need Free / Open software.  Remember.  They
don't even have a roof over their head.  They need food and the means to a
decent life.  It is ironic that the privileged people talk about acting on
behalf of the starving masses for protecting their freedom to have source
code.

Thaths
--
"I tell you, the kid's a wonder. He organized all the lawsuits against
          me into one class action."  -- Homer J. Simpson