How to Setup the Shared HDisk for two Servers?

Hello to All LUG members,
Thanks for your helping reply of my previous query,

Here I have another query which is related to H/W selection.

My problem is to choose appropriate hardware which supports shared and mirror disk in RAID environment and
can as well as act as a LINUX server.

On the other hand I want to know if I assemble hardware for server will it support shared disk/mirror disk or we have to choose any branded hardware only.

We are planning to use following for our Servers:
Pentium III with 512 MB RAM, 17 GB local HDisk, Shared disk, mirror to this shared disk in RAID.

Can any body please answer keeping in mind the assembled hardware, whether Shared disk can be used in assembled one.