Re: Information about Squid and duel or multi modem internet dialup in Linux

"Sarath E.R" wrote:
> squid part. I am pretty novice in programming. And
> don't tell me to code it myself.. hehehe!!!

well.. i have a possible solution, but the least "programming" you will
have to do is recompile the kernel... at least.

> want to migrate to Redhat Linux 6.2 running Squid. We
> have 2 modems here is there any way i can use both of

yes that should be possible under Linux... the appraoch however,
requires that the ISP have and support such a facility.. to enable this
feature, you have to enable "EQL - Serial Linux load balancing" in the
"Network Devices" section of the kernel configuration... this will allow
two serial links (like 2 modems) to be used together.. as the kernel
docs point out, the remote ISP should either have EQL enabled on a linux
box or should be using the Livingston Postmaster RAS... I've never tried
it out... why don't you give it a try... it would be invaluable help to
the whole community...

> configure Squid to balance its load among these two
> connctions so that it will give better throughput.

YOu can also configure squid to act as a cache.. that should speed up
access a bit...

--
Abhas Abhinav
DeepRoot Linux