Re: List the port number

>    My name is kelvin. I'm a beginner in Linux or UNIX
> and very interesting to exposure more in Linux .
> Therefore , hopefully could get help from Linux guru
>    I've turn services or processes running in Linux .
> How do i check what services have I turn on and and
> what port number are they listening . Can anyone help

use netstat.. a command like "netstat -a" gives you all information...
including which daemons/applications are listining to which port and
more... it includes information about sockets, unix daemon protocols,
network routes... as i said earlier... everything... look up the netstat
man page for details...

however if the man page seems too tech or daunting... postpose the
reading...just run netstat -a for the info you require...

Abhas.