Re: Aunet and linux-india?

    Dwivedi> 	I agree that it might have been an error but he might
    Dwivedi> have said so. He replied with "who asked you to go
    Dwivedi> to..........??"

Hi,
He said "why would you want to go to.. ... " cause irc.linux-india.org
implies, you use it for irc.   Lists.linux-india.org is used if you
want stuff about lists on LInux-india and if you want info on
linux-india, you go to www.linux-india.org  or just linux-india.org

    Dwivedi> typed the irc.linux-india.org in the browser (don't ask
    Dwivedi> me why) looking if such a site existed, of course

Well, you were looking if such a site existed, you found it. SO what's
the problem now ? I don't see why it has to be abig issue ? why ?

irc.linux-india.org is just a CNAME to lists.linux-india.org, so that
it denotes irc.linux-india.org is to be used for nslookup for irc
connections.

    Dwivedi> thinking that it must be a child of linux-india and reach
    Dwivedi> aunet.org! And I personally did not like the idea that a
    Dwivedi> site under linux-india domain mirror something completely
    Dwivedi> out of touch with linux. (May be due the bond I have
    Dwivedi> grown with LI and linux)

Well, for EYI irc.linux-india.org is to be used only for irc and not
web. And if we want a seperate IP for irc.linux-india.org, someone has
to give it to us. I don't know how much it is for an IP ? or you get
it for free ? I don't think so.
Let me know if I was wrong anywhere.

The summary of my mail was: irc.linux-india.org is supposed to be used
for IRC and not for http ! Any person with decent amount of
common-sense would use irc.linux-india.org for irc. Well, not that I
have common-sense. I just do it cause others are doing it :-)
Regards
                Carter
--
Enjoy your life; be pleasant and gay, like the birds in May.

Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                               - Debian GNU/Linux.
MQ Series Dedicated Development Center                  - Technology Group.
Encrypted Mail Preferred - Finger sidcarter at symonds.net For GPG/PGP Key.