Re: accounting software on linux

Hi Swati

okee the ace.zip file contains a single binary file, "ace" (2.7MB)

Minimium install : have tried it on Red Hat 6 (and 6.1) only till yet (well
it was PCQ which drove me into linux so RedHat was the imm. choice). Have
been running it on a usual Pentium 200MMx with 32MB of RAM with RedHat 6
installed. Since never got enuff time to test it out on other machines (I
ported it in Feb-March, got busy with the post budget studies etc. for other
things).

Features:
    - Support maintaing multiple accounts (which mean you can maintain
                your personal accounts, yours spouse, different companies
etc.
    - Option to create unlimited Ledger accounts
    - option to enter daily Cash,Bank transactions. You can enter 99
transactions in
        one single entry itself. Well you dont need to know Debit/Credit (I
guess most
        techies arent "accountant" but do need to maintain their "accounts".
I just
        happen to be an accountant too. <G>
    - Maintain your :
        Cash Book
        Bank Book
        General Ledger
        Trial Balance, Profit/Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
        Intrest Computation
        Account Confirmation (This is required to be submitted with your
Income
                                                Tax return)
        Voucher Printing

I guess that does covers some info.
Feel free to ask anykindda info abt the same.

Once I get some feedback on its usage, will surely make a smal writeup on
its usage.

Rajesh,Calcutta