Re: [Off-Topic] Final Ruling on Microsoft

"Ravikant K.Rao" proclaimed:
> the guys at MS are probably going to appeal .. but does this imply that
> one/some sections may go opensource?

The company will not actually broken up till the end of the appeals
proceduce (assuming that the Appeals Court does not overrule Judge
Jackson).  I think the appeals procedure will drag on for months and maybe
even years.  So don't expect any significant changes yet.  If there is any
postive immediate thing to look forward to it is that this will probably
increase the beuraucracy withing MS where every document has to be checked
and rechecked by lawyers resulting in the 2 Ton Gorilla loosing its edge.
This happened in the case of IBM.

Thaths
--
     "Now, let's all turn around and pay attention to me again."
                    -- Homer J. Simpson