PHP4 License

Hi,
    We are planning to develop PHP based apps. I hear about some licence
cliché, particularly with the Zend Stuff. As far as I have seen, PHP4
remains opensource and Zend engine is released on a QPL clone license. Then
there is Zend Optimizer that is not open. To me, it seems like the KDE/Qt
issue.
    I would like to stick to open source stuff only. Is there a chance that
the future versions of PHP be closed source ? Please advise on whether to
use PHP or not.
Lakshmi Anand K.
MSPV Group
Pavoorchatram