Aryabhatta [sic] Linux

Hi all

Any of you following the press coverage of Aryabhatta [sic] Linux?
This is the hot topic here in ILUG-BOM list.  The way Mr. Vishal Gupta has
been talking about, being the first indian OS etc, etc, is making most of us
here boil.  The so called first indian OS is nothing but RH 6.1, with a few
changes here and there. I will post the observations in detail soon.  The
ill-informed journalists gave so much of front-page coverage! We are all
really surprised to see how a technical magazine like Express Computers has
given such a wide coverage without checking the facts. There is no mention
of GPL, or Free or open source, no credits, and no names of people who
contributed in writing the scripts ...

We are going to review the product and release a press statement soon (on
monday). If any of you have already done it or in the process of doing it,
please get in touch with me. I personally think LI should also consider
reviewing the case and clarify particularly the press about the issue.

Meanwhile look at the http://www.linuxa2z.com

and the ire at:http://ilug-bom.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20000529/thread.html

Nagarjuna