Re: Formal Member Registration

Arun ... wrote

>I contribute to an OS, not because of some "movement", but because
>I like doing something and if it can help others, so be it. After
>reading the Linux Journal survey of the first 100 people who contributed
			.
			.
			.

What has all this go to do with the Formal registration of Bangalore
LUG members ?

--------------------<OFF - TOPIC> ------------------------

>While these people easily outnumber programmers among the linux users
>(note that notorious absence of the word community), you have to remember
>that programmers _created_ linux and are central to its success or failure.
>I'm not saying that other people are marginal or trivial to linux,
>but am saying that programmers are special.

Just as politicians, managers, cricketeers etc. are all special

>programmer to linux kernel engineer etc and am convinced of the lack of an
>economic model in the linux world for serious programmers.
>
>And if you think again, it's a pretty serious issue, which is not addressed,
>often ignored and deliberately marginalized by other competing interests.
Maybe in the future, most people will write programs themselves and
the "serious" programmers will switch to hardware level programming.

>To summarize, by all means, have an ILUG, have meetings, talk about
>Linux.

Thanks  :-)

T. N. Venkatesh                  Phone : (Off)  5273351 ext 6591
Scientist, Flosolver Unit                       5086591, 5261824
National Aerospace Laboratories          (Res)  3486122
Kodihalli
Bangalore 560 017                e-mail:tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
INDIA   			        tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx