Re: Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

--- Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do not think that this was spam.

After reading Borland's site, it's pretty obvious that *somebody*
screwed up.

The mail that Udhay received is pretty typical as a registration
confirmation. Being a closed event I think an NDA is pretty reasonable.
However, if that mail was the first I heard of the event, I'd assume it
was spam too. Whoever registered Udhay without his permission is the
guy that ought to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Considering the amount of spam that floats around, I'm not surprised by
the tough reaction to it. And considering the nature of Suresh's job,
I'm not surprised by his, so-called "knee-jerk", reaction to it.

In a perfect world, we'd have the time to find out whether each bit of
unwanted mail was actually intended as spam or not. Unfortunately, it's
not and we don't. We just react in our predictable ways: Me, by
deleting and adding to blocked sender's list and Suresh, by getting his
account shut down. Maybe that's unfair to some people -- file it under
"Sh*t Happens". This particular incident definitely fits in that
category.

regards,

Biju "unlimited supply of 2c" Chacko

=====
Biju "Botsie" Chacko
"With men and sex when it's right, it's right and when it's wrong, it's right." - Fishism