Re: Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> Are these guys for real ? First, they spam me (I certainly never registered
> for this) and next, they want me to sign an NDA ? Are they nuts ?

How many people here received that letter?

I did, but it wasn't spam - I talked to them before I left for Germany,
and was actually quite keen on attending, because it is the first major
commercial development tool being ported to Linux.

As far as I can recall, they mentioned that they had selected a few people
to invite (this is a closed door affair) based on their backgrounds in
development and Linux. If Udhay got selected, it would mean that he was
identified as such a person - probably based on his (very visible)
involvement with Unimobile (development) and his visibility with LI
(Linux). After all, it would be to Unimobile's advantage to port their
stuff to Linux, and doing so with a Delphi-based tool for Linux would make
things much easier.

I do not think that this was spam.

Atul