Re: Indialinks cracked ? NOT!

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

> Indialinks has apparently been cracked by some Pakistani script kiddies.
> There are quotes from Bhavin in this story. Any recent changes to
> http://www.linux-india.org/ ? ;-)

No, LI's site was safe because it was no longer located there. Read the
following mail from Bhavin of Indialinks - it is quite clear that the
place wasn't "cracked", someone at the ISP left the door wide open.

I am satisfied with his explanation because I have used that infamous
control panel myself. I appreciate the fact that he was already moving
away from that ISP when the incident happened - the fact that LI's site
and several other high-profile sites didn't get hit (because they had
already been moved) is enough proof for me.

Also note his comment on "Pakistanis always tries to hack into servers
hosted at alabanza network". That is in no way an insult to Pakistanis but
more a comment on human nature. As we have seen here on this list just a
few days ago, "Indians always try to hack into servers hosted at
VSNL/Satyam/DoT/Mantra/etc. network" ;-)

Atul