Interesting notice in REC Calicut

Seen put up on the notice board in all REC Calicut hostels.

Attn : All Users of the Main COmputer Center

All users having personal files on the Win 95/98/NT systems in the Main Computer Center are requested to backup their files. All the machines will be reformatted to use Grahical Applications on the Linux O/S.

signed..
Head Of Dept....

blah blah..

encouraging? A sign of things to come ?

I gave a long talk on Linux at the REC last month, and the response I got was extremely encouraging (genuine interest and participation by a fairly large crowd..)
What I did notice there however, was that no faculty members turned up.. maybe that's where there some concerted efforts at education needs to be made..

nikk

Pain is a thing of the mind.  The mind can be controlled.
		-- Spock, "Operation -- Annihilate!" stardate 3287.2