[no subject]

In short the way the process works is like this:  A company sponsor decides
they want a piece of open source software written, they craft an request for
proposal, and Collab.net puts that on the www.sourceXchange.com site (See
http://www.sourcexchange.com/RfpBrowse for a list of the currently available
RFP's), active sourceXchange developers can then view the RFP, and see if they
are interested in completing the RFP for the amount of compensation which is
detailed in the RFP (the quoted amount is always in US dollars).  If the
developer is interested in the RFP then that developer can submit a detailed
proposal which the sponsor can view, and decide on which developer has the best
proposal and experience.

Note that all work is done with open source tools, and the geographic location
of the developer doesn't matter.  The RFP compensation ranges from US$5,000
up to US$50,0000.

If anyone is interested in signing up as a developer for sourceXchange please
visit http://www.sourcexchange.com/UserRegistration

If anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.  I am currently
subscribed to linux-india-general so I will be able to answer any questions
that people have, and post them to the list that way everyone can benefit from
the answer.

PS Feel free to forward this to anyone who you feel would benefit from this
information.

Thanks,

Shane Owenby
Shane@xxxxxxxxxx