Re: LI Web content

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 09:28:05PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> The process of moving the site to a server with MySQL and PHP3 has already
> started. Bangalore guys will remember some discussion on it.
>
> While I was able to find a team of people who have solid experience with
> site building using PHP3 and MySQL, I have yet to come across anyone in
> our lists professing any *expertise* in Zope. And we are definitely
> looking for *expertise* here, not casual dabbling.

Yes, the choices come down to PHP3 and MySQL or Zope and MySQL. Functionality
wise, Zope and MySQL are more capable, but PHP3 and MySQL are battle tested
and more popular.

I've looked at a couple of tech support sites and the one I like most is:

http://help.netscape.com/faqs/commctr4x.html

This is pretty good too:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/win2000/top.asp

The common theme is to categorize, have a bunch of articles and a small
amount of meta data. The meta data gets stored in a database. So to
begin with, we can use Zope as a shared folder to dump as many articles
as possible in it and then update the metadata in the database.

Zope's biggest strength is many users updating data in a shared repository.

	-Arun

PS: linuxkb.org is planning to use MySQL and PHP3