Re: Linux versus GNU/Linux...

Thus spake Sudhakar Chandrasekharan

>Here is my small contribution to the heated debating that has been going on
>here.  RMS seems to be stirring quite a few people in the Indian Linux
>scene with his visit / speeches.

[TROLL!!! TROLL!!!] :)

RMS seems bent on totally GPL'ing Linux :)  Both good and bad - lots of
tools (say YAST for SuSe) are ~not~ GPL'd.  According to RMS - even the
LUGs should call themselves GNU-ILUGs before he will speak at their
functions.

Fine - Ilug-Hyderabad is now GNU-Ilug-Hyderabad (thanks mainly to Nikhil
<nikhilwiz@xxxxxxxxx> - our resident "Linux or Death" kernel h4x0r and
game programmer) :)

BTW - Atul, I showed him that article re "What the Linux community has to
grok" you posted on LI-General a few days back.  Suffice to say he was not
too impressed (was rather foaming at the mouth) :)

>For the curious: I favor calling it Linux.

I vote for plain old Linux.  Also, why does only Debian call itself
GNU/Linux?  Does RH prefer not to call itself that, or is it not qualified
to call itself GNU/Linux?

[Over to Manoj] :)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx