Linus on commercial software

http://wideopen.com/story/455.html

Torvalds also made a strong statement about the importance of
the Linux community accepting a world where some programs remain
proprietary. Answering a question about proprietary applications that ride
atop Linux, Torvalds said, "it's not always true that you automatically
want to open source something." He said he doesn't want to force open
source on anyone, he wants them to turn to open source because they think
"it's a good idea."

"I'll still pay for software," he declared. "I'll be less eager to pay
for software that isn't open source."

	-Arun

PS: He doesn't quite practice what he preaches - he uses GPL :)