Re: GPL-Slashdot Flamefest

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 01:09:36PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Check out
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/01/17/172203&mode=flat&threshold=-1
>
> a major flamefest about a flaw in GPL. Makes us all look like amateurs!
> ;-)

heh, heh - I stopped reading Slashdot comments long ago. I think Linux today
does a lot better in pointing to news articles of interest.

Slashdot however has a lot of symbolic value. Suits occassionally post
on Slashdot to proclaim that they are not suits anymore. But there is not
much else.

Anyways, the reason why GPL discussions generate so much heat is that
GPL is more about what "others" do with your software than whether it
satisfies your needs and the needs of people who'll contribute back to
it.

	-Arun