IBM, Linux, India

IBM STRENGTHENS COMMITMENT TO LINUX
IBM has decided to extend its use of the Linux operating system and will
create a 200-person Linux-development organization at centers in India and
the U.S., focused on producing software for IBM servers. The decision was
made "on Internet time," and the company has not yet resolved various
funding and policy issues, but the IBM executive heading the new initiative
explains the new initiative by saying: "The more we accelerate growth in the
e-business, the more existing and new customers will come to us and say
'Help me.'" (Wall Street Journal 10 Jan 2000)
http://interactive.wsj.com/articles/SB947455040532745716.htm