Re: [LI] Re: DVD-ROM on Linux?

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 07:59:33AM +0518, Manoj Victor Mathew wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 05:47:56PM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:
> > I'm not defending the Win95 EULA or MS's licensing policies here. But I
> > do defend their or anyone else's right to sell software for money.
> >

> Then please do defend my right to prevent people from taking my
> work/idea/effort and making it non-free.

I do defend your right to produce and GPL the software. But I don't
encourage you to.

> GPL helps me protect my work.

Protect from what ? What have you got to lose if someone else makes
some money and offers some more choices to consumers ? You just lose
access to works derived from the proprietary branch, correct ? Your
freedom to look at the source code produced by people who think like
you is uninhibited.

	-Arun