Re: Linux and Java--a tale of two revolutions

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 05:53:08PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Good stuff about why Linux will win, and Java may not.
>
> http://www.ciol.com/content/columns/lastword/99121501.asp

But some things just defy logic - I'm a Java hater, because
I don't believe that programming it is any easier than
writing C/C++ code and I have to pay a huge performance and
memory footprint penalty.

But what worries me is the army of new developers coming out
of schools from their object oriented programming classes,
who just love Java.

The place where it has really succeeded is the server side
business logic aka application server market. No one writes
C/C++ code there. And there is a noticable move away from
CGI and perl in that market at the high end.

	-Arun