Re: [LI] Message from RMS.

    Atul> [snip]
    Atul> In order to be successful as a business, VA and RH need to
    Atul> include closed-source apps (thirdparty - not their own,
    Atul> since their own stuff is *always* opensource, as is
    Atul> *everything* related to the OS).

Do they?  I don't agree that you have to include closed-source apps in
order to make a successful business.  Apps can always be purchased
from III-parties if the customer really wants them and free software
equivalents aren't available.  There's no golden rule which says that
you /have/ to make proprietary apps available with your Linux distro
in order for it to be successful, which is what I hear you saying.

    Atul> Now there is no question that Linux has been successful
    Atul> because of its adoption by the corporate world, but if one
    Atul> plays by these rules, it is not possible to cater to them.

Uh, let's distinguish between Linux distributions and Linux apps.  I
can continue to market a completely open-source Linux distro while
other people make the proprietary apps which run on that
distribution.  For a while, at least, until they either change or get
wiped out :)

-- Raju