Re: LI traffic and a proposal

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:

> Well, I don't know....I mean ilug-cal, ilug-delhi have already
> registered their TLDs and are having their individual web-sites, would
> they be moving?? As far as ILUG-Calcutta is concerned, we are not
> moving, not because we are against it. Rather, we get hosted for free,
> have access to majordomo servers to run our LUG lists -- again for
> free. But most importantly, because we wouldn't leave our host Russell
> McOrmand, has been a big help to us at every point.

Heck, no one is *forcing* the ILUG's to move! ;-) In fact, if you are
comfortable with the place you are in, please stay there! Just provide us
an IP address to point calcutta.linux-india.org to (the IP address of
ilug-cal.org), so that some kind of uniformity is maintained - people who
want to find to see the site of any ILUG can just go to
<cityname>.linux-india.org, e.g. calcutta.linux-india.org, which would
take them to your ilug-cal.org site.

I would like to move the Bangalore ILUG site to bangalore.linux-india.org
for several reasons - one being uniformity, and the second being that it
is currently hosted on my company's site, which doesn't look right (we
don't own ilug-bangalore!). We would gladly pay Bhavin for space, which
*is* why I brought this up.

Sounds OK?

Atul