Settig up X

Hi,
>>"ragOO" == Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@xxxxxxxx> writes:

 ragOO> Say, I have a problem in getting my X up 'coz due to the
 ragOO> non-adherance of the FSSNTD; an XYZ distro has put the binary
 ragOO> XF86_SVGA inside /opt/bin and another XQZ distro has put it in
 ragOO> /opt/usr/X11R6/bin.  How do U intend to solve my problem if
 ragOO> this is not a technical one ?

        If you have a setup issue, please post details so we can help
 you. If not, stop wasting our time.

        The FSSTND is being pased out by most ditributions, the
 standard to look at is the FHS.Incidentally, /opt/usr/X11R6/bin/ and
 /opt/bin are both the wrong location: the canonical location should
 be /opt/<NAME of package>/bin/ for an Xserver distributed by a third
 party.

 ragOO> I want this thread continued here not 'coz I have been vetoed
 ragOO> by two members of this list but on its own merit.

        Well, I do not have the power to veto anyone, but this is off
 topic for Linux-india, hence I am moving this to LIG.

        manoj
--
 Linux is obsolete Andrew Tanenbaum
Manoj Srivastava   <srivasta@xxxxxxxxxx>  <http://www.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/>