Re: LI traffic and a proposal

> From: Active Technologies <acctive@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Instead of posting the entire content on the announcement in the mail, it
> would be preferable to have just a small one liner description and a url to
> each of the announcement on the Linux-India.org site.

Not a particularly good idea, since not everyone on LI has web-access....I know of quite a few ppl who only has access
to email from office. Anyway announcements are hardly going to run into pages of text :-)

> Somehow we need to automate the list(s) as much as possible. Can the list
> robot be programmed to scan predetermined subject 'keywords' ....like
> SiS6215, kppp,  ;-) ....and redirect mail to the appropriate list(s). The
> keywords can be made available on linux-india webpage.

May I suggest something more like having a posting policy which requires the poster to prefix the subject line with a
certain key-word....eg....

[INSTALL] 	dealing with install issues.
[VIDEO]	for video h/w setup/trouble-shooting,
[SAMBA]	Specific Samba related stuff
[EMUL]		emulators, VMWARE, Bochs et al.
[X SETUP]	installation, fine-tuning, upgrading.
[INET]		Internet related stuff --> mail servers, dns, dialup connectivity -- POTS, ISDN etc. or "I can't browse"
[NW]  		Networking related
[LINHCL]	Linux HCL, questions like does this/that card work? will that cd-writer/ISDN router/printer work under linux??
[MISC] 		those that are difficult to classify into any particular category

Any posting which does not carry any identifier prefix could be bounce back to the sender/list-admin.

Just a suggestion.....

--Indra.