Re: vsnl refuses smtp relay and linux box at home suffers

Hi,
Why do you want to use relay anyways,
Use sendmail to send the mails directly to target domains. I don't know how
to configure it though, but it works out of the box on my RH 6.2/7.1 system .

I have put '/usr/lib/sendmail -q' in my /etc/ppp/ip-up.local, and all the
queued mails get sent automatically when I log on to the net.
+ I can use any email address in the from field.

As for checking the sender IP, they did that long before they put in these
restrictions.
Regards,
Rajat

Ajit Ranade wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
>
> > I am still not clear.  What is the enforced policy now?
>
> i assume sender ip *and* sender domain checked. domain must be vsnl.net.in
> or vsnl.com. (actually i am now wondering whether they check sender ip at
> all!)
>
> someone pls educate them!
>
> -akr
>
> Please use Reply-To address and not the From address to reply.
> My email address is akr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- - Popi Classification
Classification applies if checked...
[ ] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

--- A Nice Quote
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not
lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
-- Contact Me
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350