Re: Recovering Lost FAT32 partition (Urgent)

Yes!!! I managed to recover the partiton 100%!!!

Thanx a lot to Ghane and Leo for their valueable inputs.

I had to do it manually by adding a new partiton at the *exact* same position
(start and end sectors) using fdisk.

And was I /happy/ or what when I saw the results of an ls after mounting the
newly edited partition table.

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 12:40:37PM +0800, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> The important part is the *exact* start and end cylinders.  If you goof
> up, you die ;-)

I'm happy to be alive :-)

--
Cheerio!

  ,_,   Vipul Mathur
 (O,O)  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.vipulmathur.org/
 (   )  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>     "The Geek shall inherit the Earth"-Linus 5:5
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when dealing with computing systems
is a symptom of professional immaturity.
		-- Edsger Dijkstra