Re: Real Player in Netscape

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:53:41PM +0530, Jasmeet S. Virdi merrily said:
>         I have Netscape 6 on my machine not connected to the net. When i try
> to view real player files in it, it asks me to download them, which i
> cannot. I downloaded teh pluging on some other machine, ftped it to this
> machine, and installed it. So now the plugin is there, netscape is there,
> but its not registered to handle real player files. I tried registering it
> using Helper applications option, but it says plugin already registered, ne
> body got any ideas , how do i view real player files in netscape 6

See the plugins list using the URL "about: plugins" in the Netscape
address bar. The plugin of realplayer should be listed with the mime
types that it handles.

Now check the Netscape Application handlers and see if .rm, .ra, .ram
extensions are set to similar mimetypes out there.

Also see that when Netscape asks you to download the files, what is
the mime-type of the file to be downloaded. Normally it is displayed
in or near the titlebar of the download window. It should be something
like audio/x-pn-realaudio or something. If it is nothing like this,
then the server sending you the files is not setup properly ...

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya