Re: Mbox indexing and search program

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Raju Mathur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a program which would take multiple mbox format
> mail files as input and convert them to searchable web pages?  I

Raj,

You could try Hypermail (www.hypermail.org) but the overheads are
massive. I do believe the best solution may be a mysql database I have
heard rumours that such scripts and databases are available at freshmeat
but have not tried it myself. Do let me know if you find a solution would
be great to convert those millions of messages into a nice searchable
base.

I did play around with Hypermail a bit but it creates zilions of files, 3
for each message to allow for indexing by thread, date and author!!!

Cheers...Kishore

--
How comes it to pass, then, that we appear such cowards in reasoning,
and are so afraid to stand the test of ridicule?