Re: linux wit win partation

Hi raman,
   As a root , do the following:

 1)   You need to add the following line to /etc/fstab.

    /dev/hda1    /mnt/win_c     vfat      auto     0   2

    similarly add the lines for other partiotions too in the same format, see
below:

    view fstab manpage ($ man fstab)  for more information

 2) # mount -a
(Don't worry, when you reboot , the partitions would be automatically mounted,
this is just to mount the partitions now without rebooting. After all linux
isn't windoze...)

Regd,
Rajat

ramanray25 wrote:

> Hi
>  i install the redf hat 7.1  on 3.2 GB partation on by hard disk on the
> other partation I want to see  the fat 32 partations on the linux for this i
> will make dir win_c win_d & win_e in linux and after that i run this comand
>  mount-t vfat /dev/hda1  /mnt/win_c  for all the partations  after that i
> will able to see all the folders in these dir and all will work proplem when
> i reboot the system and go to the /mnt/win_c dir there is no folder inside
> it all the dir are there( win_c, win_d, win_e) but no folder and fills are
> ther after it i  type the comand mount-t vfat /dev/hda1  /mnt/win_c   and
> fills are comesbut reboot they will lost  what can i do is there is any
> other comand which will save all the folders and files init
> raman
> ramanray25@xxxxxxxxx

-- - Popi Classification
Classification applies if checked...
[ ] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

--- A Nice Quote --------------------------------------------------------------

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not
lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350
            +91-124-6303212   EPABX