Re: How can I find which files is in which RPM

Hi,
    First your problem regarding libz.so.1    , the rpm your need is called
zlib. injstall the rpm and this problem would be gone)

    I can tell you a real good way of finding which file is in which rpm ,
browse to  http://rpmfind.net/   and type in the library name and press
enter. you will get a list of all the rpm's containing the file, even if the
rpm is not in your distribution. Download the appropriate version and
install, or find the rpm in your CD now...

Regd,
Rajat

Yash Dayal wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having this trouble with this minimal install of RedHat..
> When i tried to install Kaffe....it has given me a dependancy for the file
> " libz.so.1"
>
> I presume I have not installed some libraries as Caitoo was also giving me
> dependancy errors.....
>
> Where are these files located.
>  IS THERE SOMEWAY TO FIND THE RPM FROM THE VAST RPM'S
> ON  THE CD IF YOU KNOW THE NAMES.(of the libraries)...as in my case????
>
> Waiting Desperately for an Answer
>
> Yash

-- - Popi Classification
Classification applies if checked...
[ ] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

--- A Nice Quote
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not
lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
-- Contact Me
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350