Re: audio from VCD!!

Hi

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 10:00:33PM +0530, neil wrote:
> > could anyone please tell me and app to extract just the audio stream
> > from VCD!!
> > and how to record an audio stream playing to the speakers!!
> well ill tell u a bhaiya way...
> just use a bananna plug cable to connect the line-out to the line-in on ur
> sound card. then push play and record at the same time...
> record using any recording s/w....(make sure its set to get input from the
> line-in)

WARNING! If you use neil's *bhaiya* way, there is a big chance of the eternal
enemy of sound engineers FEEDBACK. Just imagine: whatever is coming in from
line-in is being played on line-out, also whatever is going to line-out is now
routed to line-in. And as buzz lightyear said "to infinity... and beyond..."
;-)

Not good for your speakers and not to mention... your ears ;-)

--
Cheerio!

  ,_,   Vipul Mathur
 (O,O)  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.vipulmathur.org/
 (   )  <vipul@xxxxxxxxxx>     "The Geek shall inherit the Earth"-Linus 5:5
Time is fluid ... like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.
		-- Spock, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0