[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem with Mail distribution pls suggest
I beleive this is a problem with xinetd (or inetd) or whichever daemon u
Try restarting xinetd... if it still does'nt work try going to /etc/xinetd.d
and open the files, (do this at ur own risk) edit these files..... mebbe
disabled is on for telnetd
we are using Red Hat virsion 6.0 and it Kernel virsion is 2.2.12-20
because of abnormal shutdown of system due to power failure
1. Incoming mails are fetching normally and delivering Linux to all user
thru win95 but, now it is not going to win95 machine by Ms-Exchange .
2. Linux machine is not connecting to win95 machine by telnet and vice
versa, however ping is working fine .
3. while trying to recover problem by FSCK command, it is not fully
recovering all the errors .
We have tried the following till today .......
1. System is Thoroughly checked by Linuxconf command and no discrepancy is
found on Networking , mailsystem etc .
2. telnet is installed again on Linux from CD to rectify the connectivity
problem but did not help out .
3. Files like .procmailrc etc are checked and found all settings right .