ADSL Router

Hello everyone,

I was thinking about getting a DSL connection and my local ISP who
insists on giving me a Cisco 677 ADSL router. I checked on Cisco's site
and got this http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/677.htm. It
says it has reached End of Life. I am assuming it is a product which is
not supported by Cisco anymore. Even then the ISP insists that this is
the only product which Cisco is distributing in Delhi. A search on Deja
gave me
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Cisco+677&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=3&ic=1&selm=8RcO5.1286%24Jx1.1398453%40news-west.usenetserver.com
(Re: Cisco 677, CBOS, bugs and Cisco for consumers)

A search on www.cisco.com also turned up
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn9391.shtml (Field Notice: Cisco
6xx - Low FTP Throughput)

This is really worrying me and I would like to have the list members
opinion on what they are using and whether Cisco 677 is a usuable/good
product at all.

Mithun