Re: Tim on a linux machine

Harshal,

I appreciate the constraints that you are working under, and I realize that
you may not be able to control your environment.  I will even leave aside
the waste of bandwidth that occurs when a 10-line disclaimer is added to a
mail.

However, by posting to the list, you are leaving the List Manager open to
accusations of "unlawful" activity.  This is something that we can do little
about.

There is, however, some things you can do that might help.

Add a note to the each mail to the list: "There are no Confidential or
Priveleged discussions in this message, as covered by the Policies of
Cognizant Technology Solutions.  I idemnify the List Manager and all other
recipients of this message".

Get a Yahoo account.  In case you are not sure how to go about this, I, or
someone closer, can help.  Ditto Hotmail, Rediff, etc.

In case you are not allowed access to freemail services from work, and have
no access at home, I might be able to help you with addresses of Cybercafes
in Delhi.

The current scenario is much like your Receptionist intruding and warning me
each time you call: This call may be illegal.

"Not posting much" doesn't really help, a single allegation from your
Company that you discussed Project details (why were you asking about system
time on a Unix box?) is sufficient, there is no need to show "lots of mail".
You can not be "not very pregnant".

So I suppose it is OK to have the Company text, as long as you don't post.
Simple, isn't it?