LDAP everywhere ...

Hi!
I am trying to implement LDAP based authentication all over our LAN.
I have got the server set up and migrated /etc/passwd to LDIF and then
to the server. Our intranet applications have started authenticating
using the database already. However, I need to migrate the rest of the
applications using authentiation to this database too... my targets
are thus:
1. logins would be  using pam_ldap. So that takes care of all the
telnets happening to the linux boxes round the LAN.
2. We are using Sendmail in our gateway. I need to use
system-account-less mailboxes for all our users - i.e. mails are being
stored according to users, but they don't have system accounts on the
machine.
3. ipop3d/imapd authentication through LDAP
4. Samba authentication through LDAP. I heard Samba TNG can do that,
can I do it with Samba 2.0.7?

Any suggestions, folks??

- Sandip

--