Re: ls -l output

but, I am talking about the output displayed for the directory

ls -ld q

drwxr-xr-x  12 root     root        18432 Apr 16 19:34 q

regards
sanjay

Chandresh Pant wrote:

> Hello Sanjay
>
> ls -l     Write (in single-column format) the file
> mode,  the number  of  links  to the file, the owner
> name, the group name, the size of the file  (in
> bytes),  the timestamp,  and  the  filename.   By
> default,  the timestamp shown is that of the  last
> modification; the  options  -c and -u select the other
> two times- tamps.  For device special files the size
> field  is commonly  replaced  by  the  major and minor
> device
> numbers.
>
> I found it from
> http://matrix.linux-help.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi
>
> --- sanjay singh <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone explain me the meaning of numbers
> > (column 2 and column 5)
> > for the output of ls -l
> > command.
> >
> > regards
> > sanjay
>
> Regards
>
> =====
> Chandresh Pant
> email: chpant@xxxxxxxxx, chpant@xxxxxxx, chpant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> View me here: http://www.geocities.com/chpant/MePang.jpg
begin:vcard
n:Singh;Sanjay
tel;fax:+91-11-6102781
tel;work:+91-11-6104191-94
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.net4india.com
org:Net4India Ltd;Systems
adr:;;B-4/47, Safdarjung Enclave;New Delhi;;110029;India
version:2.1
email;internet:sanjay.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Head - Systems
fn:Sanjay Singh