Re: [Fwd: multiple A records]

but, don't you think keeping TTL close to 0 will increase the network
traffic on my DNS.

~sanjay

Raju Mathur wrote:

>     sanjay> Hi
>
>     sanjay> If we have multiple A records pointing to different IP (in
>     sanjay> DNS) for a particular domain like
>
>     sanjay> www A 192.168.0.1 A 192.168.0.2 A 192.168.0.3
>
>     sanjay> it will work in round robin.. right. My question is
>     sanjay> suppose one of the 3 machines is not working then how it
>     sanjay> will replicate to next one?
>
> It won't.  You need some scripting which checks whether the machine is
> up or not and puts it's IP in the DNS if it is.  Also set your TTL to
> as close to 0 as possible, though it's possible that some bad
> nameservers will cache the IP's anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Raju
> --
> Raju Mathur          raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://kandalaya.org/

begin:vcard
n:Singh;Sanjay
tel;fax:+91-11-6102781
tel;work:+91-11-6104191-94
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.net4india.com
org:Net4India Ltd;Systems
adr:;;B-4/47, Safdarjung Enclave;New Delhi;;110029;India
version:2.1
email;internet:sanjay.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Head - Systems
fn:Sanjay Singh