[Fwd: multiple A records]

>>>>> "sanjay" == sanjay singh <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    sanjay> Hi

    sanjay> If we have multiple A records pointing to different IP (in
    sanjay> DNS) for a particular domain like

    sanjay> www A 192.168.0.1 A 192.168.0.2 A 192.168.0.3

    sanjay> it will work in round robin.. right. My question is
    sanjay> suppose one of the 3 machines is not working then how it
    sanjay> will replicate to next one?

It won't.  You need some scripting which checks whether the machine is
up or not and puts it's IP in the DNS if it is.  Also set your TTL to
as close to 0 as possible, though it's possible that some bad
nameservers will cache the IP's anyway.

Regards,

-- Raju
--