From: "Puneet Parashar" <puneet_parashar@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux-Delhi (E-mail)" <linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Sumeet Parashar (E-mail)" <sumeet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Sumeet_Parashar
(E-mail)" <Sumeet_Parashar@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: [linux-delhi] Localhost problem!!

Hi everyone!

I have RedHat7.0 with samba installed. But when i try to start up swat
or enter the text: http://localhost into the Netscape address bar i
receive the following response (rather an error message):

" Netscape is unable to locate the server keyword.netscape.com. Please
check the server name and try again."

Also received with this is another message in the background:

" Warning: the following hosts are unknown:
home.netscape.com
home6.netscape.com
internic.net
This means that some or all the hosts will be unreachable.
Perhaps there is a problem with your name server?
If your site must use a non-root name server you will need to set the
$SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropriate name server.
It may (or may not) be neccessary to set this variable, or the SOCKS
host preference to the IP address of the host in question rather than
its name.

Consult your system administrator."

(*My guess is that Netscape is unable to resolve the hostname to IP
address.)

Please note that i am able to access our intranet sites allright. Also
the preferences are set to: "direct connection to the internet" (though
i dont have a direct connection to the net). I dont think this would
affect the localhost refernces. am i correct??

Please help me as i still a novice to LINUX.

Regds,
Puneet
Puneet Parashar
CAPS-PCC