From: Jasmeet S. Virdi [mailto:virdi@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 3:31 PM
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-delhi] linux box as router

Folks,
        currently i am using a win2K server machine (PIII, 600 MHz, 256 Mb
RAM Machine) as a router, just a router. I want to free up this machine (it
can b used for some other productive work) and substitute it with a box
which is 32 MB RAM, Celeron 333. What OS should i install on this, i am
currently divided b/w NT and Linux. NT would be very heavy for this, but it
would work (i have made it work earlier), On the other hand i want to
experiment with Linux first.
    Is this possible, does linux support routing , if yes , then please feed
me the details... I have Redhat 6.2 and Mandrake 8.0, which one wud b
appropriate (i think Mandrake 8).

thankiu
-virdi